I’ve decided to start writing reviews of all the places we stay, since we will be moving a lot this summer. I want to remember the good places we want to visit again. Our first-ever stay was 10 days at Sunset RV Resort. Man, I loved this place!
– Beautiful setting. This lovely park is located off Hamilton Pool Road and is technically in the town of Bee Cave, though it feels more like Dripping Springs. The landscaping is filled with Texas native plants and the whole park is surrounded by ranch land.
– Wildlife. There are tons of wild birds to be seen and heard. Hummingbirds frequented the sage bushes just outside our patio. Butterflies were everywhere and longhorns from the neighboring ranch can be seen every evening around 5pm.
– Roomy spots. The temporary, pull-through spots are nice and plenty roomy. Ours had good shade too. The full-time spots look nice as well and many have shade trees. All spots have full hook ups and picnic tables.
– Nice, clean bathhouse. The bathhouse is great! Super clean (coming from and neat freak) and I never had to wait for a hot shower. The laundry facility is nice as well.
– Peace and quiet. The park is small. I estimate less than 40 total spots, most of which are reserved for full timers. Everyone was friendly but quiet. We sat on our porch most nights and just listend to the birds and bugs singing. Very peaceful.
– Wifi. They have free wifi and it works pretty well. I never had a problem, except trying to upload pics for the blog 🙂
– Hard water. The well water here doesn’t taste very good. It has a bit of a bitter taste. I recommend drinking bottled water while you are here. It will also leave spots on your dishes, if you care about that sort of thing.
– Remote. It’s pretty far from downtown Austin, which is our old stomping ground and where I mostly have friends. There is a nice shopping center, Hill Country Galleria, nearby and it is close to Hamilton Pool and Reimer’s Ranch.
All in all, I love his place and would gladly stay here again. Heck, we might end up here full time once our summer adventures are over!